The Rise Website
- Who we are
- The Rise website
- Changes to these terms
- Accessing the Rise website
- No reliance on information
- Intellectual property
- Permitted use of the Rise website content
- Limitation of liability
- Linking to the Rise website
- Privacy and cookies
- Applicable law
- Contact Us
1. Who we are
This website thinkrise.com (the "Rise Website”) is provided by Barclays Bank PLC (a company registered in England and Wales with Company number: 1026167) ("Barclays", "we" or "us"). Our registered office is at: 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our registration number on the FCA register is 122702.
2. The Rise website
The purpose of the Rise Website is to:
- Provide detailed information about Rise and what it can offer in both its physical locations and online;
- Provide detailed information about the facilities available at each physical location;
- Showcase live news content from across the Rise network;
- Show what events have been listed across all physical locations; and
- Provide contact details for each of the physical locations.
BARCLAYS IS NOT OFFERING TO SELL OR SEEKING OFFERS TO BUY ANY PRODUCT OR SECURITY OR ENTER INTO ANY TRANSACTION, AND IS NOT OFFERING OR ARRANGING ANY FINANCING.
3. Changes to these terms
4. Accessing the Rise website
While we try to ensure that access to the Rise Website is always available, from time to time we may decide to restrict or block access to all or part of this website without notice and without giving reason. We reserve the right to do so and we accept no liability for doing so.
5. No reliance on information
The Rise Website is provided for general information only and is not intended to provide you with any advice. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action in relation to your business or otherwise on the basis of the content on this website.
While we endeavour to ensure that all information included on the Rise Website is correct, up to date and complete, we are not obliged to identify to you any information which is not, and we are not obliged to rectify it.
Where this website contains links to other websites or resources provided by third parties, Barclays has no control over those websites or resources and is not responsible for any of their content.
Neither Barclays nor any of our affiliates will be liable, no matter how liability may be caused (including negligence), for any loss, cost or damage arising from any reliance placed on the Rise Website, information presented on the Rise Website or other websites to which the Rise Website links, by you or your business. Please also see our Limitation of Liability section.
6. Intellectual property
The trade marks which we or a member of our group owns include, but are not limited to, RISE, BARCLAYS, BARCLAYCARD, the Barclaycard logo and the Eagle logo marks. If you are unsure as to whether any sign or logo is a trade mark owned or licensed by us or a member of our group, please contact us.
Reproduction in any form of any part of the content, information, imagery or data from, or underlying, this website, except in strict compliance with the permitted use, is prohibited without our prior written consent which you may seek by contacting us.
7. Permitted use of the Rise website content
You may use, download and/or print material from the Rise Website for your own internal purposes, provided that:
- You do not modify any downloaded or printed materials;
- You do not use any graphics from any downloadable or printed materials separately from the corresponding text;
- You do not remove copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices from any downloaded or printed materials, or otherwise act in a way to cause or risk causing infringement of our or any third party's intellectual property rights;
- You do not make available, replicate or frame any materials from, or underlying the Rise Website, or use it in such a way as to cause or risk causing confusion or an association as between you or your activities (or a third party and their activities) and us and our activities;
- You do not use any materials from or underlying the Rise Website in such a way as to cause or risk causing harm or detriment to us or our business, brands or activities;
- You do not use any materials or act in a manner so as to associate or risk associating us with any content which is or might be harmful, including without limitation material which is offensive, threatening, obscene, abusive, discriminatory, defamatory, in breach of confidentiality obligations, in breach of privacy, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
You may not misuse the Rise Website, or any Materials from or underlying it, for or in connection with any unlawful or criminal purpose, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, or other intrusions or attempted intrusions, unlawful use of information or data, or for the purposes of hosting, disseminating, or propagating Viruses.
8. Limitation of liability
Your access and use of the Rise Website is at your own risk.
Neither Barclays nor any of our affiliates will be liable, no matter how liability may be caused, and whether directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused to you or another (including your business) arising from your use of the Rise Website including but not limited to loss of income, business, profits, opportunity, contracts, actual or anticipated savings, data, reputation or goodwill.
We hereby exclude any express or implied warranties that any material used or downloaded from the Rise Website will not cause loss or damage to any data or property, such as software or hardware, including but not limited to loss or damage caused by Viruses. We accept no liability for any such loss or damage suffered by you, your business, or another as a result of your use of the Rise Website.
While we maintain robust security mechanisms, we cannot guarantee the security of communications sent via the Rise Website or otherwise or information stored on the Rise Website. Accordingly we accept no liability for breach of security of any communications sent by you to us using the Rise Website or of any information contained on the Rise Website. Such communications and storage of information are at your and your business's own risk.
- our statutory liabilities which cannot be excluded by law;
- our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; or
- our liability for fraud or fundamental misrepresentation.
11. Applicable law
"materials" means any content, including but not limited to information, data, imagery, documents, trade marks and graphics.
"Personal Information" means any information relating to you from which you can be identified either by that information alone, or by that information with other information which is in our possession.
"viruses" means malicious software or code, including but not limited to viruses, malicious script, spyware, Trojan Horses, worms or any other computer code which is designed to infect computer hardware, software or any data contained therein.
13. Contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact Barclays at Rise@barclays.com.
These Terms shall be read and construed in accordance with the Rise Hire Form in which these Terms shall be incorporated.
Hire of the Rise event space
- Subject to the timely booking of an Event, payment of any applicable penalty charges and compliance with these terms, CLV permits the Hirer to hire the Rise event space without cost.
- Hirers shall leave the Rise site in a tidy state and shall carry out a general tidy up of the Rise events space and surrounding kitchen areas (if used as part of the Event) after each Event. Penalty charges will apply for any required cleaning and resetting costs (if CLV deems that the event space has not been left as it was found).
- All attachments and decorations used by a Hirer or their Guests as part of an Event are subject to the prior approval of the Rise Events team.
- Smoking is prohibited within all parts of the Rise site including the partly covered entrance areas.
- Event bookers are required, at least 7 days before each Event, to notify reception staff of the full name, company name (if applicable) and email address of all of their Guests. All updates must be submitted 24 hours prior to the Event.
- Children under 16 are not permitted to enter the Rise site, except at the discretion of the Rise Events Team.
- Hirers must bring all presentation materials required for an Event to Rise, as no printing or computing facilities are available at Rise for use by a Hirer or their Guests. However this facility can be arranged prior by the Rise Events Team upon request.
- Hirers must take responsibility for the appropriate conduct of their Guests within the space. If the Rise team deem that any Guests are not adhering to appropriate conduct, they reserve the right to terminate the Event and ask the Hirer and/or their Guests to leave the premises immediately.
- Entry into the Rise site is at the sole discretion of the Rise team. The Rise team may refuse entry to the Hirer and any of their Guests at any time (for any reason they see fit).
Liability for Damage
- Hirers are personally responsible for the conduct of their Guests and their Guests’ compliance with these Terms.
- No party shall be liable for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by the other, including but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity or loss of publicity or loss of reputation or opportunity to enhance reputation or any other sort of economic loss.
- The Hirer will be responsible for all damage caused to the Rise site, during the Event as a result of its negligence or the negligence of a Guest.
- CLV accepts no responsibility for any theft, loss or damage to any property of the Hirer, any Guest or any of the Hirer’s event suppliers.
Indemnity & Insurance
- The Hirer shall be responsible for, and keep CLV fully indemnified against, all physical damage (including damage to the Rise site), damages, losses, costs, expenses, actions, demands, claims and liabilities made against or incurred by CLV (save to the extent that the same should arise from any negligent act or omission of CLV) arising out of any breach of these Terms, negligent act or omission of the Hirer or their Guests.
- Neither party shall be deemed to be in breach of these Terms or otherwise liable to the other as a result of any delay or failure in the performance of its obligations under these Terms if and to the extent that such delay or failure is caused by an Event of Force Majeure and the time for performance of the relevant obligation(s) shall be extended accordingly.
A party whose performance of its obligations under these Terms is delayed or prevented by an Event of Force Majeure:
- shall immediately notify the other party of the nature, extent, effect and likely duration of the circumstances constituting the Event of Force Majeure;
- shall use all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect of the Event of Force Majeure on the performance of its obligations under these Terms; and
- shall immediately after the Event of Force Majeure has ended notify the other party and resume full performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
- CCTV operates throughout Rise for the purpose of security.
- All parts of Rise shall be accessible at all times for the purpose of inspection, management and supervision or entry to their working area.
- The permission hereby granted is not transferable by the Hirer, unless with the prior written consent of CLV.
- The Rise team reserves the right to cancel or terminate any booking or Event, even at short notice, if they have justified reason to assume that the proposed use of the Rise site will put the: (1) security; (2) operation; or (3) reputation of Rise at risk.
- Neither party may assign any of its rights or obligations under these terms without the prior written consent of the other, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
- The Rise team allows the Hirer to use the AV and technical equipment in the booked event room. This is a plug-and-play service, and therefore the Rise team do not provide an onsite technician to support its operation. The use of the equipment is offered out of goodwill, and so if the AV or technical equipment is not working then the Rise team bears no responsibility or liability to resolve any onsite issues.
- The Rise team offers the use of the event space at its own discretion and grants the Hirer ‘reasonable use’ of the space. If the Rise team deems that the Hirer has exploited this gesture and booked too many hours of Events, the Rise team reserves the right to cancel the Hirer’s bookings and restrict future usage.
- These Terms, and the Rise Hire Form, shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- These Terms and the Rise Hire Form shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and shall supersede any and all prior agreements, representations or understanding between the parties, whether written or oral.
- Should any part of these Terms be considered void or voidable under any applicable law, then such terms shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the remainder of these Terms valid or enforceable, unless the whole commercial object is thereby frustrated.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a joint venture, partnership or relationship of agency or employment between the parties.
- Any person who is not a party to a contract between BBPLC and the Hirer has no rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term in these Terms.
- The Rise events team has the right to ask that 20 places on educational and social events are used for the Rise community purposes. If this is to be required all event bookers will be notified prior to their Event.
- Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions, then please contact City Lounge Ventures on email@example.com or 0203 095 6449 for assistance.
- The Rise team reserves the right to send a single email to all Guests (using the contact details provided by the Hirer) following each Event for the purposes of: (1) getting feedback on the Rise event space; (2) asking whether they would like to opt-in to become a Rise Member (free of charge); or (3) receive future marketing communications from Rise about upcoming events and news from across the sites.
- Rise will not send any further emails to Guests unless they opt-in. Any Guest who opts-in to become a Rise member will be able to cancel their free membership at any time.
- If you are concerned about how your information is used then please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- means Citylounge Ventures Limited with registered address 11-13 Bayley Street, London WC1B 3HD (registered company number 07218028);
- means an event confirmed in writing as booked by CLV following the submission and agreement of an Rise Hire Form and acceptance of these Terms;
- Event of Force Majeure
- means any circumstance not foreseeable and not within the reasonable control of the party in question, including but not limited to any strike, lock-out or other industrial action; any destruction (temporary or permanent), breakdown, malfunction or damage of or to any premises, plant, equipment (including computer systems) or materials; any civil commotion or disorder, riot, invasion, war or terrorist activity or threat of war or terrorist activity; any action taken by a governmental or public authority of any kind (including not granting a consent, exemption, approval or clearance); any fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural physical disaster;
- means all persons attending the Event at the Rise, including any employees, sub-contractors and/or agents of the Hirer;
- means the legal or natural person primarily responsible for organising the Event detailed in the Hire Form;
- Rise Hire Form
- means the form containing details, dates and times of the proposed Event at the Rise as provided by CLV
- means the event space in the physical site. You will receive a confirmation email detailing which event rooms you have booked
- Rise team/ Rise Event Team
- means the team running the Rise site.